A good and reliable work light is a must-have in any garage that has been turned into a workstation. The ceiling lights can only do so much. A portable work light is something you can use so you can avoid accidents and get the job done right. Some work lights can also come in handy in emergency scenarios like a blackout. These are some of the best portable work lights you can use for your garage:
The OEUUDD is a self-standing, portable work light you can keep close at hand for any home or DIY work. With its 15-watt, 24 LED lights, it produces light bright enough to support any garage work. This light is powered with rechargeable lithium batteries, and is lightweight and waterproof. It has its own stable, adjustable base that can be rotated 90 degrees for the left and right using a simple twist knob. The light head can be pivoted up and down in a 180-degree arc. Also, it comes with two USB ports for emergency phone charging.
- Bright LED lights
- 180-degree rotating head
- Has two USB ports for emergency phone charging
- Handy and lightweight DIY and survival gear
- Colored LEDs are not very bright
Coming from a trusted brand in the world of hardware and work tools, DEWALT DC020 Cordless/Corded Worklight is a well-designed work light that can be used as battery-powered or corded. It has a 38-watt fluorescent work light that produces 2,700 lumens. Though it’s not LED, it has reduced power draw and runs on a cooler temperature. Included in the set are two AC power outlets for increased jobsite power. The compact design of this light makes it easy to transport, fold up and store.
- Compact design
- Produces 2,700 lumens of power
- Runs on batteries or AC power
- Comes with two AC power outlets
- Does not come with batteries; must be purchased separately
Mounted on a heavy-duty tripod, PowerSmith PWL21100TS Two-Head LED Work Light is a versatile and useful worklight for indoor and outdoor use. The tripod can extend up to 65 inches and uses a 9 ft. power cord with grounded plug. The light itself is equipped with impact-resistant glass lenses that prevents damage, and the sealed aluminum frames and switches are durable and long-lasting. It produces 10,000 lumens and it operates more efficiently than most LED lights. The head is adjustable, as it can be moved 90 degrees up and 30 degrees down.
- Long-lasting, efficient LED light
- Produces 10,000 lumens of power
- Mounted on an extendable tripod
- Comes with 9 feet power cord
- Lacks long distance projection
- Tripod is tough enough for work use, but it’s not industrial grade
Snap-on 922261 LED Work Light is a long-lasting LED version of the standard 400W halogen bulb work lights. This heavy duty piece produces 2,000 lumens with LED bulbs that doesn’t need replacement, and it is able to provide enough light to brighten up the entire space. Though it’s bright, it remains cool because of its revolutionary design. It has a durable casing that allows for outdoor use even in inclement weather. Also, it features an ergonomic carry handle, making it a handy light you can easily bring anywhere you want to work.
- Produces bright light yet stays cool to touch
- Has durable casing and is built to last
- Ergonomic carry handle
- Some users say Snap-on doesn’t honor warranty when light is purchased from Amazon
A self-standing work light, Ustellar 4500LM 50W LED Work Light is an efficient tool when working on the garage. Its 50-watt LED lights produces super bright 4,500 lumens with 2 brightness levels. This model has an efficient cooling system, as it is built with a fin-type heat sink that helps act as a radiator and diffuse heat. It’s even rated IP65 waterproof, with a sealed on and off switch, making it a handy light for emergency situations. The design of this light is durable, rugged and ready for work, complete with an ergonomic handle.
- Produces 4,500 lumens of power yet stays cool due to fin-type heat sink
- Has 2 brightness levels
- Ergonomic carry handle
- A bit heavier than halogen versions
As the name suggests, this work light produces big, bright light. It’s extremely bright because it produces 6,000 lumens, and it is powerful enough to light up an entire room. This kind of power is a lot more than the average corded work light, since this level of light can fully illuminate a two-car garage. The light gives off 360-degree illumination with its robust, cylindrical design. Also, it’s very portable and lightweight. With its hard-wearing strap, you can hang it whenever you happen to be working. On the base, it is equipped with a soft rubber feet to minimize scratching.
- Produces very bright 6,000 lumens of power
- Portable and handy design with 360-degree illumination
- Long lasting LED
- Has soft rubber feet and hard-wearing strap
- Pricier compared to other corded work light options
Bosch Bare Tool FL12 12-volt Max LED Cordless Work Light offers a handy, hands-free illumination. The light contains 10 high-intensity LED bulbs that can run up to 6 hours continuously in one charge. It has a dim function if you prefer dimmer light, and this also increases the run time of the battery. It has versatile mounting options, such as two magnets, a carabiner clip and a ¼ inch screw thread for tripods and a nail hook.
- Small and handy yet powerful
- 6 hours run time
- Has versatile mounting options and come with a carabiner clip, 2 magnets, screw thread and nail hook
- Batteries not included
- Does not run on AC as an alternative source of power
Another handy little device, the Coquimbo USB Rechargeable Work Light can help you spend more time focused on the project you’re working for. It has multiple lighting modes ranging from very bright to relatively dim, and it can also work as an emergency strobe. The light head can rotate for a full 360 degrees horizontally and over 180 degrees vertically, making it an excellent work light for under-the-hood repairs. The battery is long lasting and rechargeable with the included USB cable. On the base, it has a strong magnet for firm adhering to any metal surface, and a swivel hook can be useful for emergency repairs. The light also has an IP65 waterproof design.
- Small and handy, perfect for outdoor emergencies
- Batteries and USB cable charger included
- Light head can rotate
- Has strong magnet base
- USB chargers can be temperamental