weather that can make relocating a bit more complicated. In that sense, here are the best tips for moving to Orlando during the winter.
The good news is that you are moving, the bad news is that you must do it in the winter. The weather during this season ranges from 11 to 24 degrees; and although winter in Orlando is not too cold, there are some rain showers that can make your move a little more complicated.
If you have already experienced moving or if this is your first time and circumstances lead you to move during the winter months, in this article, you can get an idea of the tasks you will face.
The first thing to point out is that moving in winter does not have to be significantly different from moving in another season, since the changes are not much different if you leave the process in the hands of true professionals, such as Nice Guy Movers Orlando.
Our years of experience working with moves guarantee the success of each service, since we know how to overcome the obstacles that usually arise in the process.
But if you plan to move on your own, consider that organization is the key to a successful, less stressful and less tiring winter move.
To prevent your cardboard boxes and delicate belongings from being damaged if water falls from the sky, consider purchasing plastic containers which, in addition to being waterproof, will guarantee a more environmentally friendly move due to the durability of the product and its reusability in the future.
Another detail you should be aware of is that the best thing to do is to start the move early in the morning, as soon as the sun rises, since the days are shorter in winter. Remember: sunlight is an ally that hides much earlier in the afternoon.
Technology, a great ally
Knowing what the weather will be like is just a click away. You can find out details about the weather on the day you have chosen for your move by doing a little browsing on the Internet or through your smartphone. That way you will know if there is heavy rain in the offing, it will be cold or sunny.
Likewise, there are apps that will help you carry out your move, with check lists to mark your belongings and avoid forgetting them, but above all to organize as much as possible everything you have coming up.
Warehouses in optimal conditions
Nice Guy Movers Orlando’s warehouses have climate-controlled storage facilities with the capacity to safeguard your belongings under the most advanced security measures.
You don’t have to worry about mold, humidity, dust or other threats, as the storage facility has state-of-the-art technology and highly trained staff to protect your belongings 24 hours a day.
If your concern is moving your belongings during the winter and the new location is not available due to weather problems, an excellent option is to guarantee their safety in these storage units.
- Take a thorough inventory of the items you are moving so that you know exactly which box each item is in. This way, if there is rain or very cold weather, you will know where the appliances are and could act quickly for their safekeeping.
- Label boxes with the items they contain, an idea that will also help you be more careful when moving fragile items and unpacking once you arrive at your new home.
- Get some bubble wrap and cover the most fragile items. This, aside from protecting them, creates a barrier if water seeps through the box while moving.
- If you have any further doubts or concerns, please contact us. We will be happy to answer any of your questions.
- If you feel you need the support of professional movers, you should most likely connect with a moving company to help you move your belongings safely. Nice Guy Movers Orlando team has everything you need to carry out that perfect move.